هدف مجله غذا ترویج فرهنگ صحیح تغذیه و ارتقا سلامت جامعه است.
Sad to say, we all put on weight more easily as we get older. Women are especially prone to get a bigger waist. But it's not inevitable Exercise and estrogen seems are specific keys in winning the war against late-life obesity. Studies have shown that in their reproductive years, women put on weight in their hips and thighs, which helps keep their cardiovascular system healthy. Research suggests that some of the fat-consuming efficiency of muscle tissue further declines with the decrease in estrogen production following menopause.
So What's a Woman to Do? Experts recommend regular aerobic exercise such as walking briskly 30 minutes a day, five days a week. And, just as important, add weight training to increase muscle mass. The more muscle you have the more calories your body can consume.
Tips for controlling your weight as you age: Don’t assume that weight gain is inevitable, Strength train a few times a week, Keep up with the cardio and you could keep weight gain in check, Fill up on low calorie, high-volume foods, Eat protein at each meal or snack and Keep a diary.
Pilates is similar to yoga but emphasizes your body’s core - the abdomen, oblique, lower back, inner and outer thigh, butts and so on. For this reason, Pilates develops much of what exercisers need- strength, flexibility, muscular endurance, coordination, balance, and good posture - with a much lower chance of injury than with other forms of exercise.
• The Six Pilates Principles: Centering, Control, Flow, Breath, Precision, and Concentration.
• By practicing Pilates regularly, you can achieve a number of health benefits, including: Improved core strength and stability, improved posture and balance, improved flexibility and Prevention and treatment of back pain.
• What Should I Eat for Doing Pilates? There is no special diet for Pilates. However, to fully take advantage of Pilates as a mind/body fitness method, you will want to take a look at what kinds of foods keep you feeling the most balanced. Also, since there is so much emphasis in Pilates on using your abdominal muscles, you will want to have a fairly empty stomach. You don't want to run out of energy in the middle of your workout so you will want to have had something to eat not too many hours before you work out. Complex carbohydrates and lean proteins, with a little high quality fat, are good choices as they sustain energy better than simple carbs or sugary things.Pilates does not usually create a need for special sports drinks, but you will want to be hydrated. Water is always a good choice.
The menopause is caused by a fall in the amount of the hormone estrogen produced by the ovaries. The decline or absence of estrogen can mean changes to energy levels, memory, bone health, hormones, urinary and heart health. Every woman experiences different menopause symptoms. Most women have some hot flashes, some feel irritable, a smaller number of women battle headaches, nausea or night sweat.
It's a simple matter of knowing which foods to add to your meals, and which to avoid: Eat More tofu and soy, Eat more fruits and vegetables, Eat beans more often, Eat more of the right fats, Eat calcium-rich food every day, Avoid high-fat and high-sugar foods, Add flaxseed to your diet and Exercise, exercise, exercise….
Positive lifestyle changes to help with the menopause: Give up smoking, Maintain a healthy body weight and lean body mass, Keep a positive attitude and Get emotional support, Stress control, Sleep in a cool room, Dress in layers for easier temperature control and Laugh and enjoy yourself!
Street foods are ready-to-eat foods and beverages prepared and/or sold by vendors especially in the streets and other similar places.
Health hazards associated with street vended foods:
Poor hygiene, Food poisoning with microbiological contamination, Improper use of additives (often unauthorized coloring agents), mycotoxins, heavy metals and other contaminants (such as pesticide residues).
Reasons Street Food Is Worst For Health:
1. Trans-fat (These foods are fried or cooked in oil over a long period).
2. Sodium Level (They contain excess salt)
3. Stomach Infections (diarrhea or vomiting)
4. Glucose Spiking (increases the risk of diabetes and heart diseases)
5. Microbial Count: Last, but not the least, the hygiene is poor.
How to eat cheap food safely from street vendors:
• Avoid raw fruits and vegetables
• Watch where and what you eat (notice the food preparation)
• Pay attention to details
• Look at the number of customers (If there are many, that means turnover is fast and food isn't sitting around waiting a long time)
Yalda takes place on December 21, 2014. Yalda, Shab-e Yalda, "Night of Birth" or Shab-e Chelleh is the Persian winter solstice celebration which has been popular since ancient times. Yalda is celebrated on the Northern Hemisphere's longest night of the year, that is, on the eve of the Winter Solstice.
On this night, family members get together (most often in the house of the eldest member) and stay awake all night long. Each member of the family makes a wish and randomly opens Hafez's book of poems and recites the poem, which is believed to be an interpretation to the wish.
Fruits, particularly pomegranates and watermelons, and nuts are served in this night. The fruits signify the hope for having a fruitful spring and summer. Watermelon and pomegranate were and still are the two royal fruits that should be part of this night. They are signs of bounty, health, wealth and happiness. Some believe that if you eat watermelon at Yalda, you won't be hurt by the diseases and coldness of the coming winter.Yalda Night festival will be officially added to Iran's List of National Treasures in a special ceremony in 2008.